Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, June 24, 2013

We Love Zoku-ing Hot Days Away!

Hot muggy days are popsicle days!

Zoku1

I bought a Zoku Quick Pop-Maker from mommygrabs.com during a flash sale about 2 months ago, and since then we've been enjoying lots of ice lollies on hot days. Another mummy friend told me that ice lollies have been a great way to get kids to take in more fluids during these hot and hazy days, and I must agree! These go down in no time! 

The best thing about the Zoku is that the pops are made in minutes. You do have to freeze the pop-maker overnight first, but I just leave mine in the freezer so that we have it ready when we want it. To make a lolly, you just stick the sticks in the slots, pour in your desired liquid, and wait 7-10 mins. I sometimes just pop the maker back into the freezer while waiting so that it'll be even faster. You know, there's nothing like almost instant lollies when you have impatient kids on your back!

And when the lollies are done, you just have to use a Super Tool (yes, they actually call it that) to ease them out of the their molds easily. I don't know how it works, but there really is no tugging required. Just screw on the Super Tool (ahem) to the top of the stick, and after some twisting, it would suddenly get loose and you can pull the ice lolly right out. Awesome. 

I also like that because it freezes so quickly, you are able to make layers, or even a lolly with one flavour as a shell and another on the inside. Just like those orange ice lollies with milk inside that I used to love as a child. (Their name escapes me!) I've not tried this but it is on the cards.

I recently wanted a thick, creamier popsicle, so out came my new Jamie Oliver blender and together they made a real winner.

Zoku2

I've had friends ask me about the recipe, but I honestly just threw in what I had in the fridge, and in my usual fashion, I didn't take note of the measurements. But if you're interested to try this, it comprises frozen strawberries and blackberries, milk, a bit of plain yoghurt and some Frosty Whip, which is a sweetened whipping cream powder. It was really yummy. So yummy that my terrible children climbed on the table to steal some from the blender jug when I walked to the kitchen to pop the Zoku back into the freezer.

Zoku3

And when the pops were done, Noey practically inhaled his, while Meips, well, let's just say she had fun with it.

Zoku4

Definitely a worthwhile investment! I've bought a couple more from Takashimaya as presents for friends, but I'm pretty sure you can get the Zoku at most major department stores. It definitely makes hot days more bearable!

 

6 comments:

  1. Yes I remember that green Popsicle with milk inside! Can't recall the name either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, an an orange flavour too right? I loved them both! I think they still sell them at Cold Storage. When I'm back I've got to go check out the name just to satisfy myself!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Is that it? I keep thinking it's something-split! But I guess I should trust the trivia queen!

      Delete
  3. I have been eyeing this for a while and your review really helped push me to buy one. But not for myself, I bought it as a thank you gift for my ice-cream loving brother in law and sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the post was helpful, and I hope your sis and BIL like it! Just in time for summer :) We are really enjoying ours!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...