Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, March 16, 2013

Disney on Ice: Princesses And Heroes

The kiddies and I had a special treat this evening when we went to catch Disney on Ice's latest production: Princesses and Heroes.

It's been years since I've caught Disney on Ice so I can tell you I was definitely as excited, if not more excited, than the kids! I think you just can't take that Princess out of a girl, mother or not. 

And I was glad that we were not disappointed. We were slightly late, notwithstanding the fact that I'd given us nearly an hour to make what would normally be a 15-min journey. But once we found our seats, all of us were mesmerised.

Disneyonice1

The thread linking the whole story together was the idea of Princess Wishes, granted by none other than everyone's favourite fairy, Tinkerbell.

The first familiar tale to come up was Aladdin. Here we see the Genie grant Aladdin's wish to be a prince, and Jasmine's dream for adventure also come true. I don't know about you, but just hearing "A Whole New World" again just brought me back years in time. 

Disneyonice2

The folks that really got my kids excited though were Mickey and Minnie. "Mickey Mouse! There!" Naomi would say every single time they took to the stage. They are ever the crowd-pleasers, from generation to generation.

Disneyonice3

We travelled through story after story, each of them new to my kids, but so old and familiar to me. Snow White discovers the prince of her dreams...

Disneyonice5

Disneyonice4

… while Belle's wish for adventure transports her to an enchanted castle.

Disneyonice6

But my personal favourite is Ariel, and I was delighted that Ariel's story was the longest one, depicting Ariel wishing for a new life and new love above the waves, and then later with Eric's help, breaking Ursula's spell. I think this story was Noey's favourite too as he took a liking for Sebastian the Crab. "Where's the Crab?" he'd ask when Sebastian was out of view. I think he and Naomi both also really enjoyed the "Under the Sea" sequence, which was a particularly fun one. There was even foam floating down from machines above the stage to simulate the bubbles in the sea! What a neat effect.

Disneyonice7

Disneyonice8

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that I could still remember dialogue and all the lyrics to EVERY SONG, despite it being more than 15 years since I've watched the film at all. Then again, I did have the cassette tape (yes, CASSETTE TAPE!) of the soundtrack which I faithfully listened to till it died on me. I guess you never forget some things.

Also making an appearance were Tiana from the The Princess and the Frog, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella, and Rapunzel from Tangled.

Disneyonice10

Disneyonice12

Disneyonice14

Did I also mention that the effects were spectacular? There was even fire on the ice at one point, and pyrotechnics to end it off.

Both children thoroughly enjoyed the show. After all these years, there's still no magic quite like Disney magic.

And little Naomi has been inducted. 

DisneyonIce11

(Yes, that is the programme she insisted on holding to sleep!)

Disney on Ice: Princesses and Heroes is on from 14-17 March at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Tickets are priced at $20, $40, $60 and $90 and can be purchased at Sistic. Catch it before it ends it's run on Sunday!

* We received complimentary tickets to catch Disney on Ice for the purposes of this review, but all opinions are strictly my own. You just can't fake the magic! Thanks Disney on Ice for the treat!

4 comments:

  1. What a treat!
    Sounds like a really great production.

    Under the Sea is my favouritest too, by far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! I only remember going for Disney on Ice once, years ago when I was still a child. This was streets better than the one I remember! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Dear Madam,

    On behalf of the National Library Board (NLB), we would like to invite you to pledge your blog to the Singapore Memory Project as part of efforts to collect memories that are already manifested in existing online channels.

    The Singapore Memory Project (SMP) is a national initiative to collect, preserve and provide access to Singapore’s knowledge materials. Spearheaded by NLB, the SMP aims to build a national collection of content in diverse formats (including print, audio and video), to preserve them in digital form, and make them available for discovery and research.

    By pledging your blog to SMP, you are affirming that every memory matters. Whether your posts are an account of your daily life, or an expression of your thoughts, the SMP hopes to find a home for your memories so that it can help build towards an understanding of Singapore. You will also receive a badge that you can display on your blog in recognition of your contributions.

    Contributors to this blog pledging initiative will be listed on Singapore Memory portal’s blog pledging webpage. All blogs pledged to SMP will archived using NLB’s web harvesting software, in addition to images of each blog’s landing page.

    If you are keen to pledge your blog to SMP, simply fill up our response form at this following URL: http://singaporememory.simulation.com.sg/Public/Pledge.

    You may find out more about this initiative at http://www.iremember.sg/?page_id=2822.

    We are looking forward to your contribution.

    Simulation Software & Technology (S2T) Pte Ltd
    583 Orchard Road #14-02 Forum The Shopping Mall S(238884), Singapore
    |w: www.simulation.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/3/14 11:09

    Hi, is Disney on Ice very cold? Like need to wear at least two layers kind? Cos thinking of bringing my cousin there. Her body is quite weak but she wanted to watch this show. - Z

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...