Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, October 29, 2012

The Things They Say

One of the things I most enjoy about parenthood is hearing the funny things come out of the kids' mouths. I just love that insight it gives into the stuff that goes on in their minds. Now that Nomi is actively communicating, she has joined in on the act too.

Here's a sampling of some of the random things that they say that keep me amused at home.


********** 
Noey: Mummy, I want 10 children!
Me: 10?!
Noey: And hundreds of brothers!
Me: Hundreds?! Wow, why so many?
Noey: So that Mei-mei won't be the only baby. So she will have some friends.
I appreciate his good intentions, but nope, hundreds of brothers is definitely not going to happen.

**********
Nomi: Look, Mama!
Me: Wow, very nice, Meips! What is it?
Nomi: Bot-bot! (Robot!)
I guess that's what little girls with brothers build! My other favourite word of hers? "Saur-saur" (Dinosaur)

IMG 4086

**********

While reading the children's bible to Nomi before bedtime, we came across this picture of Adam:

IMG 4216

Me: Mei-mei, do you know who this is?
Nomi: Man!
Me: Yes, it is a man, and his name was Adam...
Nomi: Bathing!
Me: ??
Nomi: Bathe! No clothes.
**********

Noey, upon waking up from his nap, asks: "Mummy, is a group of dinosaurs a herd of dinosaurs?"

He's right, it is a herd of dinosaurs, but is it normal to wake up wondering about collective nouns??

**********
Nomi spies me eating a curry puff and immediately wants in.
Nomi: Mama! Share! Mei-mei!
Me: Mei-mei, it's a curry puff! Look, I'll feed you a bit.
Nomi: No! Mei-mei hold!
Me: Alright, you hold it, but I'm telling you, it's hot.
Nomi: No. Warm.
And let me tell you, the girl continues eating, well past the crust and into the curry and potatoes. I am pretty amazed, and take this picture.


Moments later, I see her clawing away at her tongue.
Nomi: Mama! Hot now!

HAHA. Kids. They do say and do the darnest things.


4 comments:

  1. They do say the cutest things! LOL at Noey thinking about a group/herd of dinos, even when he's sleeping!!

    Min goes "saurus" - whenever she sees a dino. Looks like Min and Nomi have alot in common to talk about. HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, they can be best friends! Finally some other little girl who understands!

      Delete
  2. So cute! She takes after her brother in terms of preference of toys! At least Mei Mei says "bathe, no clothes", mine directly tells me "naked!" =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she doesn't have much choice -- I have mainly boys' toys at home! Oh yes, Nomi says naked too! Usually in reference to herself when she gleefully runs away from me undressed :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...