Powered by Blog - Widget


Tuesday, July 03, 2012

12 Years Together

DV 0149

On 22 June 2012, DD and I marked 12 years together as a couple. Even as I write this, I can't believe it's been that long!

DD and I were friends for 2, nearly 3 years before we got together and I like to think that that friendship still underscores our relationship, even now as husband and wife. Life is very different now from the days when we were carefree students in University, where we first met. And as parents, I think that our own relationship has taken a backseat as family time takes precedence in those precious moments of free time. We are also both guilty of zoning out on our own in front of our computers after the kids have finally gone down for the night - me catching up on social media, reading blogs and blogging, and him, reading Liverpool news or buying little plastic toys off the internet. But on nights when we do manage to sneak out for for couple time, or during those moments when we are in the right frame of mind to just talk, our easy banter, free-flowing conversation and deep understanding always remind me of how much I enjoy his company. He really is the person I can truly say anything to, no matter how ridiculous, irreverent, and inappropriate. 

This anniversary would have slipped us by, except that we were chatting the day before and realized that hey, our anniversary was the very next day! We didn't go out to celebrate, but because I had scheduled a family photoshoot with KC from Tinydot Photography the day after, on 23 June, I asked for some couple shots to be taken. I thought it was a nice way to commemorate the start of our 13th year together.

DV 0155

It was a quick handful of shots, but I'm glad we got some nice ones. I would like to remember that way before the children, it was just us two. And after the kids are grown and gone, I hope it'll still be just us two, enjoying each other's company, just the way it was when we first started out.

DV 0151

22 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to you and DD!! I love the last shot, you look so much like Noey there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Haha, I guess after all this time, Noey still can't get away from the fact that he looks like me!

      Delete
  2. Blessed belated anniversary to you both! Love the photos :) and here's to many more lovely lovely years together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I'm glad we took the shots, though there aren't that many because we still had to make sure the kids didn't just wander off somewhere in the meantime. Hah.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your anniversary! Here's to many more years of loving marriage and great friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wini :) That's all I ask for really - a loving marriage and great friendship!

      Delete
  4. awww... happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed anniversary!
    Your scenario of both "zoning in front of the computer" is so like ours, down to the details of "reading LFC news and buying toys off internet"! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! DD surfs cameras and lenses too, which I'm sure is on tehpeng's list too! Thanks - your anniversary coming up too! :)

      Delete
    2. really love the last shot. you guys have the same smile :)

      Delete
    3. Hee, that's ben cultivated over time I'm sure! Thanks, PF.

      Delete
  6. Letting slip your age eh?? ;p
    Happy anniversaries and I just love the number 13! May you have many many happy 13s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, a month ago I posted on my birthday that I'm 34! So, not much hiding there. Haha. It's just a number anyway. And thanks, looking forward to the 13th year!

      Delete
  7. Aww so sweet! Happy anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessed belated anniversary! I love the shots, both of you look so happy together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessed anniversary :)
    The 1st shot looks like something off a wedding pre-shoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My photog is a wedding photographer, that's why! Haha. Thanks Clara.

      Delete
  11. Happy anniversary guys! I love how D looks at you in the first shot. =))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice!!! Love the pix! And the one with the kids too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...