Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, February 20, 2012

Drawing Inspiration

Noey's really into drawing these days. He's always loved art, but it's only over the past couple of months that his drawings started to take shape. His first recognisable drawings comprised simply of 2 dots for eyes and a line for a mouth. That was maybe about half a year back? Now there is some semblance of a real drawing.

The magnetic drawing board is his squiggle pal these days. And while I prefer it to the sheets and sheets of paper which he loves to use liberally, sometimes, when he actually comes up with a drawing I want to keep, I am left with only photos. So here are a few recent ones, taken before we erased and drew some more...

Ong, Noah. A boy and 2 beetles. 8 Jan 2012.
("The boy has such a BIG HEAD!" chortled Noey. He has low-brow humour like that.) 

Ong, Noah. 2 Aliens, with Hair. Smiling. 8 Jan 2012.

Ong, Noah. An Interpretation of the Numbers 1 to 10. 14 Jan 2012.
(Noey insists that the squiggle at the end is 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. He ran out of space. Also, I think aside from 8, he can't really write those numbers!) 

1. Artist at Work at Pepperoni Pizzeria. 
2. Ong, Noah. Self-Portrait. 1 Feb 2012.

At least there looks like there's some hope that he wouldn't end up as hopeless at drawing as me!

"How about me, Mama? Can I do some drawing too?"

3 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 <3 !!!!!!!!!!!

    loooove his drawings! He has great talent! WOOHOO! You should have an art gallery! heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks for the enthusiasm! No art gallery -- it's good enough for me that he does all his own art homework next time. I used to always have to enlist my dad's help with mine!

      Delete
  2. Don't you just love their squiggles and imagination?! I like his selfportrait.
    And I like that you subtitle it with his name, title & date. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...