Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, January 12, 2012

Enter the Dragon with Elly

Do you feel like Chinese New Year is way too early this year? I certainly do. I feel like I've barely caught my breath with Christmas and New Year just over and wham! It's time to prep for Chinese New Year?

Aside from getting the goodies, one of the traditions I like and adhere to is the getting of new clothes for the occasion. Yes, yes, I embrace any excuse to shop! And this year is extra fun because I have little Naomi to dress. You all know I'm a fan of the line of clothing from Elly, and this year, they've added a series of adorable little cheongsams to their collection, specially for Chinese New Year. As with their regular collections, these come in the cutest prints.

Our cheeky little bunny in the red bunnies print.

"Hey, where did the snacks go?"

"How about if I practice my Gong Xi Gong Xi? You'll give me some treats in my bowl, no?"
Here, Naomi wears the red blossoms print.

What I like about these dresses is that they are made of lightweight cotton (the red blossoms in a slightly thicker, stiffer fabric). No yucky hot polyester, so I know that Naomi will be comfortable when we're out and about visiting. 

The cheongsams come in 5 designs in total, and you can check them out for yourself here on Elly's Facebook page.

They have shirts for boys too, in subtle Chinese-inspired prints, including one with Japanese doll prints which  I'm considering getting for Noey, in addition to his annual ching-chong outfit. 

Ah, at least the clothes for the kids is one thing I can strike off the very long list of to-dos!

5 comments:

  1. She's a great model for the dresses. And i spy the biscuit as a "reward". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cheongsum prints... reminds me i've *yet* to get CNY clothes for the kiddos. Yikes... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @lilsnooze Yes, baby bites in exchange for cooperation. Haha. Works like a charm!

    @San They are cute, aren't they? Girls just have more options!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Naomi in those outfits. Am so so tempted to get one now (even though we bought her a dress yesterday meant for CNY). Btw, what size is Naomi wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elaine Aww, thanks! She's wearing 9-12 months, which fits her just right now (she's not a big baby). The cheongsams are sized a bit small so you might want to consider the next size up for your daughter!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...