Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, October 08, 2011

Turning 3 with Thomas

This was the birthday celebration that Noey really wanted.

He had it all visualised in his head. "Noey will bring a cake to school and all my classmates will sing "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Noey, happy birthday to you!" Like that."

Well, he got his wish.

Since this was the only celebration I intended to have for him before we cobbled together the last minute small gathering at home, I tried to make it a nice one for him. I asked him what cake he wanted. "A Thomas cake!" was the emphatic reply. So Thomas it was!

(Learning from friends, I thereafter didn't ask him again or give him any opportunity to change his mind.)

The goody bags for his classmates. I literally finished the stickers for bags only on the morning of the celebration. Because I'm anti-junk food, these were filled simply, with homemade chocolate chip cookies, a pack of organic raisins, and a set of markers. I wanted to get a book/activity book of some sort too but I couldn't find one that I liked for the right price so I gave up in the end.

I wanted to be present on the day, so the celebration took place on the Tuesday after his birthday, when I had an off day. I had hoped that DD would be able to join us but he had a meeting that he could not reschedule. I wanted to bring Naomi too, but she started rubbing her eyes when I was about to leave so I left her to nap instead. So it was just me in the end, but I think Noey didn't mind. He was in fact quite chuffed about the fact that Mummy was going to be in school that day.

I wouldn't have missed it, Baby Bear.

With the all-too-cute cake! I think the bakery did a great job. They surprised me by making the Thomas train for me. They told me that they didn't do licensed characters, so I asked them simply for the train tracks and was going to plonk one of Noey's toy Thomas trains on top. I was delighted when I picked up the cake and saw that they had made Thomas for me in the end!

Birthday boy with his classmates.

And with that, I think we were all birthday-ed out. I'm still eating left-over cake!

5 comments:

  1. Haha! On the contrary, Nat didn't want a party in school, at first!

    Im still thinking if I shld do goodie bags for his class..and if so, I was also thinking the same things as you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kid on the left is dressed like Kenny from South Park!

    The cake is really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @lilsnooze Yes, I had in mind all the complaints you guys had about goody bags the kids received! Originally my grand plan was to make activity books but I really didn't have the time or energy in the end. I think Nat will enjoy celebrating with his classmates :)

    @Delphine hahaha, Kenny! You're right, now that you mention it. In that orange hood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, the cake is very pretty! which bakery is this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Candice My favourite one -- Artisan Sweets! I actually tried calling a few other home bakers, but I was a bit slow and their schedules were full. Will pass you contacts if you need them for Thad's cake in future!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...