Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, January 24, 2011

More Noey-isms

When Noey woke up from his nap one afternoon about a week ago, I realised to my dismay, that there was a smell of poop emanating from him. I don't know if he fell asleep with poop in his diaper (he still wears one during naps which I think might last longer than 1.5hrs) or whether he'd just done it when he woke up. Whatever the case, I realised that my hopes of getting him back to sleep for longer were shot.

"Noey," I said reproachfully, "you're smelly!"

He grinned. "Noey smells like a baby!" he said.

"Babies smell like poo-poo?" I asked.

"Yes!" he replied. "And Noey is an enormous baby."

**********

Noey was playing with his train set one morning on his play table when he casually swiped at his toy cars on the same table and knocked them over the edge onto the floor.

"Noey," I said, "you dropped your cars on the floor! Don't do that."

He looked at me as if I didn't understand and said, "This is called playing."

**********


One hand on some reading material, and the other, my Mummy's elbow. Noey's idea of the perfect evening.

For the record, I didn't even realise he'd automatically held on to my elbow, till DD (who had laughed on seeing us and ran off to get his camera) pointed it out to me. Yes, I've tragically just accepted my fate as the elbow provider!

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA oh man your son really cracks me up!!! his vocabulary is awesome! More noey-isms PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous24/1/11 11:49

    It's not just the vocabulary, it's the amazing way he is able to form rather complex sentences!

    Nish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 'this is playing' one! haha!!

    and yes, I wonder if arrival of baby #2 will leave them with no choice but to wean off the elbow thang, however painful the transition might be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the elbow thing so endearing. I wish there was a part of me that Bean would be attached to.

    Noey really cracks me up haha. He's really one cheeky kid V. You're going to have to be on your feet to outtalk him. Hehe Lawyer's genes I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. matthias also lidat now! the things they come up with to retort us hor...are getting creative. amusing AND irritating! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's the elbow thing at work again!!! hehe.

    our kids really say the darndest things. but so cute lah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dont they say the funniest things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lyndis :: yeah, i don't know how that weaning process is going to work out. one thing's for certain -- i'm going to try really hard to prevent Baby #2 from forming the same attachment!

    momo :: haha, i can understand the sentiment, but honestly, his attachment drives me batty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...